The Spiritual Core Dimension involves the ability to have a deep internal connection with a Higher Power through meditation and prayer, which is usually expressed in displays of subjection, worship and service. Alternatively, spirituality is also experienced through one’s appreciation for the universe, the earth, and living things.
- A Higher Power, or god, is what one defines it as.
- A connection with a Higher Power motivates us to act in ways that please the Higher Power.
- Worship involves paying homage, bowing before, and glorifying our Higher Power.
- Service involves working toward the will of our Higher Power.
- Appreciation for living things and nature includes a love for nature, animals, plants, water, scenery, etc.